Browse by Category
Shop by Manufacturer
-- Select --
Blue Sea Systems
Metal Distributors Ltd.
Svendsen's Metal Works
(Your shopping cart is empty)
Inflatable Boom Tent
Ronstan Inflatable Boom Tent
You save $181.17!
Inflatable boom tent, suits yachts 7.5-9.0m (25-30 ft.) 2 tubes
¤ Light and Compact
¤ Unique arch shape provides more cockpit space.
¤ Easily mounted and highly adjustable.
¤ Heavy duty UV resistant acrylic and water repellent rip stop nylon for durability.
Weight: 10 Lb.
Instructions for the Correct Use and Mounting of the Ronstan Inflatable Boom Tent
1) Starting from the mast and while your boat is facing into the wind, lay the Boom Tent on top of the boom. Fix the
front end of the Boom Tent (end without Hook and Loop slots) to the mast with the included strap and buckle.
2) Loosely fix windward straps on both sides of the Boom Tent to the shrouds and lifelines.
3) Inflate the windward tube via the “AIR IN VALVE” using the provided hand pump, (Max inflation = 0.3 bar or 4.5 psi).
4) Carefully walk towards the stern of boat, fixing straps to lifelines and backstay.
5) Inflate the leeward tube via the “AIR IN VALVE” and tension straps pulling the canopy tight, be careful not to overtension the Boom Tent at this stage!
6) Open the aft Hook and Loop slots and feed the topping-lift or main halyard through the slots, reconnecting with the
aft end of the boom.
7) Fix side straps to upper lifeline.
8) Fix the underneath boom strap, securing the Boom Tent to your boat’s boom.
9) Check all straps for the correct tension and adjust accordingly.
10) When taking down your Boom Tent work in reverse.
In case of a sudden increase in wind strength (exceeding the max of 16knots), take down the Boom Tent
immediately. Quickly unplug the 'AIR OUT VALVE' and use the “quick release” buckles on the fixing straps, working your
way from the leeward to the windward end of the Boom Tent.
This Boom Tent is made of waterproof material, however its seams are not taped and therefore the tent may not be fully
watertight. In order to enjoy the shelter of this Boom Tent in rain, please regularly treat canopy and seams with a 'rain stop'
material like you would with a camping tent.
When repair of the inside bladder is required, lay the punctured arch rib out flat with the belly facing up. Open the Hook and Loop closings on the rib's tips, unfold and pull the bladder's tip out. Tie a long 'reinstall line' to the bladder on one end. Use a marker pen to mark bladder arch with left, right, up, down for ease when reinstalling. Now carefully pull the bladder out from the other side and pull the ‘reinstall line’ in. Detach the 'reinstall line' from the bladder. Inflate the bladder with the hand pump and detect the hole with soapy water using a mild dishwashing detergent and a sponge. Clean and dry the bladder, mark the hole with a marker pen, deflate the bladder, use the provided sandpaper to slightly roughen the repair
area. Peel the backing off the repair patch and press it flat on the bladder. Inflate the bladder and check again for leaks.
Deflate the bladder; close the AIR IN/OUT VALVES and put the dry bladder in a plastic bag with sufficient talcum powder. Shake the bag so the powder completely covers the bladder. Tie the 'reinstall line' to one end of the bladder and have a helper pull the feed line carefully so the bladder is reinserted into the rib. Ensure the bladder is in the correct orientation according to your earlier markings. Keep tension on the rib to ensure the bladder is properly inserted. Once the bladder is back inside the rib make sure the air valves are properly aligned through the valve holes (open the adjacent zipper on rib for easy access). Half inflate the bladder and check the reinstallation has been done correctly. If there is a crease in the rib or the valves are misaligned, stop and reinsert the bladder. Do not try to correct the problem with the bladder in the rib as it can damage the bladder. When the bladder is correctly inserted, detach the 'reinstall line'. Roll both sides of the excess bladder material into the tips of the rib and close the Hook and Loop flap.Packing Instructions Always dry awning after use, keep in mesh bag - fold inside out to protect silver coating.
Rain, hail or shine... the new Ronstan Inflatable Boom Tent will keep you protected from the elements. The range includes four size options. to cater for yacht from 7.5m to 14m (25ft to 45ft). The Inflatable Boom Tent has a unique arch shape courtesy of inflatable struts, maximizing the available cockpit space compared to normal boom tents. Made for durability from heavy duty U.V. resistant acrylic and water repellent rip-stop nylon, adjustable straps with clips makes the Ronstan Inflatable Boom Tent a breeze to mount.
* Unique Air Arch shape maximising the available cockpit space compared to normal boom tents
* Light and compact
* Reflective coated to minimise UV & heat
* Shower proof
* Light and compact.
* Unique arch shape provides more cockpit space.
* Easily mounted and highly adjustable.
* Heavy duty UV resistant acrylic and water repellent rip stop nylon for durability.
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
Inflatable Boom Tent
1851 Clement Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
Copyright © 2006 Svendsen's Marine. All Rights Reserved.
Shopping Cart Software